After years of intense work, we are ready to present a new chapter in our production program. We, at IBG Models, constantly develop our capabilities in terms of both technology and content. This approach is a continuation of our commitment to the highest standards with the best possible representation of details and modelling in a kit form of as many versions of a subject airplane as possible. This kit is another milestone on our road to perfection. Our goal is to set new standards for 1/72 scale and finally give you an ultimate kit.
Our latest 1/72 project, Focke-Wulf Fw 190D, is a brand new set that was created based on the very broad factory documentation of the aircraft and uncountable period photos. We have made every effort to render the model to scale as faithfully as possible and in the process we’ve uncovered many aspects not described until now. This means that our kit may or may not comply with the modeller’s plans published so far.
Project highlights include:
* All main versions are covered including D-9, D-11, D-13 and D-15 variants
* All subcontractor of D-9 variations are included, covering external detail differences
* We’ve made every effort to faithfully reproduce surface details, including hinges, covers, inspection hatches, fasteners and rivets
* As the engine was visible through the wheel wells, a detailed replica of it (specific for a given version) was included in the kit
* We used an unorthodox, ingenious solution for wing fitting, to enable the reproduction of details on the fuselage underside.
* We include a large set of stencil decals, covering all possible variants, including information/instruction plates
* Decals are printed by Techmod, ensuring extremely high resolution, perfect register and good reaction to softening fluids.
In our opinion this is simply the best Fw 190D kit ever produced in 1/72 scale!
More details, renderings and photos coming very soon!